The North American Retail Hardware Association recently named eight home improvement retailers as 2015 Young Retailers of the Year.
The recognition program, now in its 19th year, identifies and honors the next generation of aspiring independent home improvement retailers and recognizes individual achievements of retailers age 35 and younger from throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Winners are chosen based on criteria such as career accomplishments, community involvement, hardware industry education and extracurricular activities.
The honorees represent three categories, including stores with annual sales under $2 million, stores with annual sales over $2 million and retailers operating multiple locations. The 2015 Young Retailer of the Year honorees are:
Under $2 Million in Annual Sales
- Sam Ransdell – manager, Burney Hardware, Aberdeen, North Carolina
To watch Sam’s video, click here.
- Matt Woods – business manager, Woods Hardware, Cincinnati, Ohio
To watch Matt’s video, click here.
Over $2 Million in Annual Sales
- Heather Kreffer – dealer-owner, High River Home Hardware Building Centre, High River, Alberta, Canada
To watch Heather’s video, click here.
- Dallin Redd – owner, Redd’s Ace Hardware, Blanding, Utah
To watch Dallin’s video, click here.
- David Cripe – co-owner and general manager, Whitmore Ace Hardware, Wilmington, Illinois
To watch David’s video, click here.
- Jason Fujimoto – chief operating officer, HPM Building Supply, Keaau, Hawaii
To watch Jason’s video, click here.
- Jonathan Miller – director of e-commerce, Miller Hardware Company, Valdosta, Georgia
To watch Jonathan’s video, click here.
- Ryan Ringer – general manager, Gold Beach Lumber, Gold Beach, Oregon
To watch Ryan’s video, click here.
“Manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers anticipate the annual selection and celebration of the impressive honorees of this prestigious program,” says Bill Lee, NRHA president and CEO. “This program continues to gain esteem in the retailing industry. To be selected as a Young Retailer of the Year is a high honor, and these honorees exemplify the spirit of this award through their business success, dedication to the independent retail industry and spirit of giving back to their communities. ”
Sponsors of the 2015 Young Retailer of the Year program include the American Hardware Manufacturers Association, Apex Tool Group, Delta Faucet Company, Fluidmaster, Intertape Polymer Group and Midwest Fastener Corporation.
The Young Retailer of the Year banquet will be May 4 at Caesars Palace prior to the opening of the NRHA All-Industry Conference and the National Hardware Show® in Las Vegas. For more information on the awards program and conference, please visit the NRHA conference website.