Hardware Retailing’s February 2016 feature story, “Anatomy of a Leader”, talked about identifying and developing future retail leaders in your company.
Leadership development is an ongoing process that’s never truly complete. Whether you’ve lead your staff for years, are a first-time manager or are training up-and-coming leaders, there is always an opportunity to improve leadership skills. Hardware Retailing compiled a list of resources, broken down by type below, to help you or your staff advance leadership qualities.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
- Becoming the Best: Build a World-Class Organization Through Values-Based Leadership
- Coaching, Training & Developing the Retail Manager: The Retail Leadership Bridge
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done
- The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Other Don’t
- Grit to Great: How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You From Ordinary to Extraordinary
- Leaders Make the Future: Ten New Leadership Skills for an Uncertain World
- Leadership Books by Ken Blanchard
- On Becoming a Leader
- Stronger: Develop the Resilience You Need to Succeed
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
Online Articles and Blogs
Courses, Exercises and Seminars