How do you create an effective customer loyalty program? Below are five ideas from “The Power of Loyalty,” by author Roger L. Brooks.
1. Offer soft benefits that provide value, such as special access limited only to members.
2. Offer relevant promotions through various lines of communication, for example: e-mail, SMS text, receipt messages, statement inserts, RSS feeds, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
3. Up-sell complementary products or services at the associate level.
4. Offer sweepstakes, random rewards or special offers for a limited time frame to keep your strategy fresh and exciting.
5. Strategically place messages (via signage, web banners, etc.) that will trigger motivating actions.