Dunn-Edwards Paints announced its 2022 Color + Design Trends, a collection of color palettes. These five distinct palettes celebrate simple pleasures, new possibilities and optimism for the future.
- Meraki are muted Mediterranean-inspired hues.
- Retrouvailles are deep, rich colors inspired by Bohemian tapestries, playful patterns and folk-inspired craftsmanship.
- Mysa are an array of botanically-inspired hues.
- Elysian are dreamlike colored inspired by embracing creativity and inspiration.
- Naturrensing are soft earth tones, minimalist open, organic and clean.
“As a society, we’ve had to define a new normal over the past year, with shifting identities–both individual and collective,” says Sara McLean, color expert and stylist for Dunn-Edwards. “As we look to the future, we desire spaces that help us to re-energize and improve our mental and physical well-being. The Meraki, Retrouvailles, Mysa, Elysian, and Naturrensing collections reflect this sentiment, with calming hues that are grounding and familiar, yet feel fresh and new.”
The five color palettes are featured in an animated collage video series and digital book highlighting the textures, materials and inspiration driving the trends.
Dunn-Edwards also named its 2022 Color of the Year: Art and Craft (DET682). This autumnal hue is a warm and earthy shade that evokes feelings of stability and calm while allowing for a large range of play with creativity and change.