The National Retail Federation offers the following loss-prevention tips for retailers during the holiday shopping season, which includes the days after Christmas when customers are spending their holiday cash and gift cards:
- Have your experienced staff members team up with new and seasonal workers so the newbies can learn from observing your veterans use loss prevention techniques.
- Keep your loss prevention officers out and about so they’re visible in the stores and shoppers are aware they’re being supervised.
- Use technology to track when you’re busiest, so you have enough staff on hand to watch for shoplifting.
- Keep minimal amounts of money in the cash register, and teach your employees to identify counterfeit money.
- Update antivirus security software on your computers and keep passwords secure so your orders are safe.
To read the full article from the National Retail Federation, click here.