Home Hardware Stores Ltd. has recognized Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre for the Walter J. Hachborn Store of the Year award. The award is part of the “Proud of My Home Achievement Awards and Celebration,” held during Home Hardware’s 2020 Virtual Fall Market on Sept. 13.
The Walter J. Hachborn Store of the Year award is presented to the top finalist in the “Proud of My Home” category. All award recipients demonstrate superior customer service, strong staff performance, excellence in interior and exterior store presentation and active participation in dealer network initiatives. Now in its 23rd year, the award pays tribute to the top store selected from nearly 1,100 stores across Canada.
This year’s award was presented to Terry Jenkins, Randy Kingdon, Mike Kingdon and Fred Sweeting, dealer-owners of Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre, for epitomizing the values on which Home Hardware was founded—value, service and dependability.
“We are extremely honored to receive this award, and are proud to serve our local community,” said Terry Jenkins, dealer-owner, Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre.
“Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre truly exemplifies what the Walter J. Hachborn Store of the Year award stands for,” said Kevin Macnab, president and CEO of Home Hardware Stores. “Chemong Home Hardware is a distinguished ambassador for the Home brand and provides tailored products and community advice for any project”.
Six stores in total were presented with 2019 “Proud of My Home” awards.
- Parry Sound Home Hardware in Parry Sound, Ontario—Best Hardware Store Over 6,000 Sq. Ft.
- Hornepayne Home Hardware in Hornepayne, Ontario—Best Home Hardware Under 6,000 Sq. Ft.
- Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre in Selwyn, Ontario—Best Home Hardware Building Center Over 15,000 Sq. Ft.
- Zak’s Home Hardware Building Centre in Hague, Saskatchewan—Best Home Hardware Building Center Under 15,000 Sq. Ft.
- Ryan Buck, Buck’s Building Centre in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia—Best Young Retailer
- Orillia Home Hardware Building Centre in Orillia, Ontario—Paul Straus Public Relations Award