Contactless commerce had been on retailers’ minds prior to the pandemic, but amid shutdowns and high demand, many retailers moved quickly from idea to implementation. While using contactless commerce was a necessity for retailers in 2020, it has remained a priority for consumers into 2021, based on these stats from consumer surveys. For a closer look at how one retailer pivoted during the pandemic to bolster his contactless commerce options, click here.
Penchant for Purchasing
- 80 percent of respondents used contactless payments in the previous 12 months
- 75 percent of respondents have used buy online, pickup in store at least once
- 67 percent of retailers offer some form of contactless payment
- 57 percent of respondents are more likely to purchase from a company that offers a contactless payment option
- 44 percent of respondents are more likely to use contactless payments in the next 12 months
Sources: Raydiant, State of Contactless Payments 2021 Report and The State of BOPIS Report 2021 and National Retail Federation, 2020 State of Retail Payments