The deadline to submit nominations for the North American Hardware and Paint Association’s (NHPA) 2021 Young Retailer of the Year program is only weeks away. Submit your nomination by Feb. 28. Click here to learn more or submit a nomination.
Young Retailer of the Year Program Benefits
Honorees benefit from exposure for themselves and their businesses. They also have the opportunity to participate in programming and scholarships through NHPA.
Entries are scored based on nomination criteria.
- High points of career. Illustrate how the nominee has contributed to the success of their operation.
- Industry education. Highlight how the nominee has continued their industry education to improve product knowledge, management techniques and more.
- Community involvement. Show how the nominee has improved their community and increased their operation’s profile.
- Other activities (organizational and industry innovation). Demonstrate ways the nominee has worked to position their business as an innovative, profitable operation.
Honorees are selected from three categories.
- Stores with less than $2 million in sales
- Stores with more than $2 million in sales
- Multiple-store operations
How to Enter
Nominations must be submitted with information detailing the nominee’s accomplishments relevant to the criteria listed above. Supporting documents can include (but are not limited to) photographs, press clippings, letters of recommendation and other examples of career milestones and achievements.
Young Retailer of the Year nominees should be 35 years old or younger as of Feb. 28, 2021. They must work at independent hardware stores, home centers, lumberyards or paint and decorating outlets in the U.S., its territories or in Canada. Past nominees who have not been honored are invited to submit updated profiles.
About the Young Retailer of the Year Program
Now in its 25th year, the Young Retailer of the Year program identifies the next generation of young leaders in the independent home improvement and paint industry.
NHPA would like to thank the program’s sponsors for their dedication to the independent channel. Thanks go to Arrow Fastener, Epicor, Fluidmaster, Intertape Polymer Group (IPG), Midwest Fastener, MiTek and Pony Jorgensen.