Want to welcome new neighbors to your community, and at the same time build loyal relationships? Consider offering a move-in packet or folder with in-store discounts and community information.
Remember, new homeowners are likely to spend a significant amount of time and money on home improvements and repairs within the first few months of buying a home. Get them into your store early, when they’ve just moved to the area, and they’ll get in the habit of shopping there regularly.
Here are a few things you can include:
- Your business card.
- Information about your rewards program, if you have one.
- Information about any extras you offer in your store.
- Information about other local businesses.
- Coupons. Think about what new homeowners need—primer, paint and house keys are on the top of many new homeowners’ to-buy lists. Offer a discount or free item on their first purchase at your store.
- Products. Find a product with your logo and store information emblazoned on the side that you can give away.