The search is on for the next group of honorees for the Outstanding Retailer Awards (ORAs) program hosted by HARDLINES.
The awards celebrate the achievements of retailers in the hardware and home improvement industry in Canada. All Canadian home improvement retailers and managers who have operated under their current ownership for at least two years are eligible to be nominated.
Retailers may submit their entries directly to HARDLINES or their chain or buying group head offices may select their best dealer(s) and prepare their entries for them, in collaboration with the dealer. Head offices may enter more than one store per category. In addition, vendors may identify specific outstanding retailers for entry. Submissions are due by July 31.
Categories to enter:
- Best Hardware Store (any size)
- Best Building Supply/Home Centre (under 15,000 square feet)
- Best Building Supply/Home Centre (over 15,000 square feet)
- Young Retailer Award (a store manager 35 or younger; entrants may be owners or chain employees)
- Marc Robichaud Community Leader (This is open to all stores. Its purpose is to celebrate the outstanding events, charitable donations and other contributions made by a store’s staff/managers/owners to the community they serve.)
- Best Large Surface Retailer (over 65,000 square feet)
- Best Contractor Specialist Store
Winners will receive a trip for two to Toronto to attend the Hardlines Conference on Oct. 21 and 22 and the awards gala Oct. 21.
In addition, winners will receive a plaque, a write‐up in Hardlines Home Improvement Quarterly magazine and a customized video and photo ready to be sent to local media.
For complete application information, click here.