Summer is in full swing, and your customers will be heading outside to check off their lists of exterior maintenance projects. Now is the ideal time to promote products you sell that customers need to complete these projects. Here’s a look at the top five home projects homeowners will be taking on this summer, according to Angi.com.
- Pressure washing. From patios to decks, siding to brick, homeowners will be looking to clean and refresh exterior spaces by power washing. Numerous products exist that specifically work with pressure washers to clean brick, siding, stucco and more, as well as concrete and wood decks. Merchandise these products next to your power washers to boost transaction sizes.
- Staining decks and fences. Decks and fences require restaining and sealing every few years. Carry a wide variety of wood stains and sealers, including different tints and colors, and display the necessary tools—like brushes, rollers, pans and tape—in the same area for add-on sales. Don’t forget wooden swing sets!
- Lawn care. Aside from regular mowing and trimming, homeowners can take other steps to keep their grass lush and green over the summer. Educate your customers on different types of fertilizers and weed killers that will work best on their lawns. Adding items like sprayers, water hoses and water sprinklers can also boost sales.
- Install ceiling fans. The dog days of summer mean hot temperatures and high humidity that can send air-conditioning units into overdrive. Ceiling fans can help improve air circulation in a home and improve the A/C performance. Be sure to also remind your customers of the importance of cleaning out their A/C air filters to keep the unit working efficiently to keep them cool.
- General outdoor maintenance. From weeding gardens and flower beds to cleaning out gutters, summer is the ideal time to tackle general outdoor maintenance tasks and check off summer home projects. Put together a summer maintenance checklist to share with customers to remind them of these tasks.