The Home Depot hosted its 2022 Innovation Awards in November, recognizing innovative products with the features and benefits consumers need and want.
“We’re thrilled with the level of home improvement innovation we continue to bring to our DIY and Pro customers, thanks to the great work of our suppliers,” says Jeff Kinnaird, executive vice president of merchandising for The Home Depot. “Whether a Pro or do-it-yourselfer, these exciting new products will help anyone get their projects done faster, easier and more efficiently.”
Overall Winner: Glidden Max Flex Spray Paint has a revolutionary formula that requires fewer spray passes than a traditional conical-shaped spray pattern and dries within 5-minutes and can be used on wood, metal, plastic, glass and more.
First Runner Up: Hubspace String Lights offers the ability to personalize color, brightness and timers at the individual bulb level through its easy-to-use app. They are compatible with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Google Home and Alexa.
Second Runner Up: Cortex for Decking by FastenMaster sets come with a proprietary drill bit that sets the screw to the perfect depth every time in composite, cap stock and PVC decking boards.
In addition to the top three winners, The Home Depot recognized the following finalists for their high marks in product innovation:
- Behr Dynasty Interior Paint offers guaranteed one-coat hide in over 1,000 colors and is stain-repellent, scuff-resistant and fast-drying.
- Clopay’s Canyon Ridge Dent Resistant Garage Doors are handcrafted and designed with five layers of durability and 14 different designs to match any style.
- Diablo Demo Demon™ Spade Bits provide the speed and flexibility of a standard wood spade bit with the durability and performance of an Auger bit.
- LG Side by Side Refrigerator with Craft Ice produces large, round, crystal clear ice cubes and has a sleek modern exterior design.
- Milwaukee M12 Cable Stapler has a compact, lightweight design that provides users with access to tight stud bays and improved ergonomics.
- Pratt 100% Recycled Program allows movers to lower their carbon footprint with 100% recycled products.
- Werner Multi-Max Pro Ladder has five different position settings, a safe leaning capability with a telescoping extension system and a 375-pound duty rating.