True Value is shining the spotlight on thirteen of its members, honoring them with the company’s prestigious “Best Hardware Store in Town” title.
The winning retailers, selected from more than 4,500 businesses, were honored at the company’s Spring Reunion, held this February in Dallas.
“Our vision is to help every independent retailer be the best hardware store in town and this year’s 13 honorees have certainly achieved that by providing their customers the best service and shopping experiences possible,” says John Hartmann, president and CEO of True Value Co. “They are building relationships that go beyond just selling products—they are partners and supporters of their communities. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners for their commitment to excellence.”
True Value’s 2018 “Best Hardware Store in Town” winners are:
- Akard True Value Hardware – Zionsville, Indiana
- Caldwell True Value – Caldwell, Idaho
- Cornell’s True Value – Eastchester, New York
- Dr. Ike’s True Value Home Center – Laredo, Texas
- Fruita True Value – Fruita, Colorado
- K&B True Value – Annapolis, Maryland
- Marv’s True Value – Princeton, Minnesota
- Moore’s True Value Hardware – Loxahatchee, Florida
- Palm Springs True Value Hardware – Palm Springs, California
- Soli Home Center True Value – Fajardo, Puerto Rico
- Triangle Building Supplies – Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- True Value Hardware Missouri Flat Road – Placerville, California
- Waters True Value – Wamego, Kansas
To be recognized for the award, stores undergo a series of selection processes and regional managers narrow down the candidates. Mystery shoppers visit stores to gain a customer’s perspective on the operations. True Value then evaluates each finalist based on store appearance, product selection, competitive pricing, promotional sales and customer service. The stores that provide customers with stellar True Value service receive the annual title.